To say that the first Dallas Startup Week was a success is an understatement. Despite the iffy weather on Wednesday and Thursday morning here in Dallas, the entrepreneurial community came together to set a Startup Week registration record for a first year event. Some of the more popular events/speakers had to turn people away due to capacity concerns (I was one of those!) Be proud, Dallas!
Some of our favorite moments for the event held March 2-6, 2015 in downtown Dallas:
- Michael Peticolas of Peticolas Brewing Company in Dallas: “It’s important to up the trend. Do what others aren’t doing. Take time on your business plan.”
- Paul Singh providing some valuable insight on how investors think at the Dallas Entrepreneur Center.
- Larry Lavine, the founder of Chili’s, discussing his financing tools and options for his new concept in Richardson, and how it relates to other restaurant entrepreneurs.
- Michael Peticolas of Peticolas Brewing Company in Dallas: “When everyone says it’s not the best time to do it, that’s the best time to do it.”
- The stories of successful funding raises through multiple presentations, particularly during a roundtable discussion on Monday at Funding, When and How.
- And of course, seeing our past clients and current partners share their knowledge with our growing entrepreneurial community.
What were your favorite moments from Dallas Startup Week 2015?