Our Business Plan Writing and Development Process
We write every business plan from scratch so that we capture the unique aspects of your business fully. That allows business plans from Optimus to stand out – especially from businesses similar to yours – when investors or lenders look at them. Many companies simply take your information and plug it into a pre-designed template. Lenders easily recognize these “cookie cutter” plans as generic and insufficient. That will never happen with Optimus Business Plans.
With Optimus, you know you are getting a fully-customized document that will showcase the best aspects of your business model.
All of our business plan development clients get six months of free, unlimited revisions and editing. We believe that once you are a client of ours, you are a client for a lifetime. That’s why we edit and make changes to all of our business plans an unlimited number of times within a six month window for no additional charge – provided there are no major business concept changes. We understand that startup businesses and new concepts need to tweak and evolve to meet customers’ needs, though. So, we provide this unique service when most others in the business plan industry would charge additional fees.
Sample Business Plans
When you hire Optimus, here is how the engagement will flow:
- We schedule an in-person or over-the-phone Kickoff Session with you.
- The Kickoff Session will generally last 1-2 hours, and we’ll ask all pertinent questions and gather information from you.
- OBP consultants will evaluate information from the Kickoff Session, existing client collateral, and complete all necessary research to compose your business plan.
- OBP will send you the full plan for review.
- We will revise your business plan according to your requests.
- We will continue steps 4 and 5 as necessary to achieve the perfect final business plan for you.
- If you want, we can help get you and your plan in front of our network of lenders and investors.
How long will it take?
The estimated timeframe for a typical project can vary depending on your needs. A rush can be executed upon request in many situations. Contact us directly for a price and timeframe quote.
Your Business Plan Will Include the Following
- An Executive Summary
- An in-depth description of the company, pricing, location, and the overall business operation
- An Industry Outlook
- A Market Analysis
- An Evaluation of the Competitive Environment
- An Assessment of Critical Risks and Solutions
- Management and Personnel Information
- Your Marketing Strategy
- Five Year Financial Projections including:
- Balance Sheets
- Pro Forma Income Statements
- Cash Flow Statements
- Sources and Uses of Funds
- A Breakeven Analysis
Research is Critical
Having the right research to support your concept is essential when presenting a business plan to achieve funding. At Optimus, our suite of tools includes research databases such as IBISWorld and The Brandow Company so that we can include the best data available in your business plan.